VOIP companies for call center
VoIP is the technology that converts your voice into a digital signal, allowing you to make a call directly from a computer, a VoIP phone, or other data-driven devices. Simply put, it’s phone service delivered over the internet. You may also hear it referred to as IP telephony, internet telephony, broadband telephony, or broadband phone service.
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is a proven technology that lets anyone place phone calls over an internet connection. With the rise of broadband, VoIP has become the definitive choice for phone service for consumers and businesses. People enjoy using VoIP telephone service over traditional phone lines. Why? It offers many more capabilities than analog phones. And it can do it all for less than half the cost.
Cloud phone service providers include powerful features which are not found with standard phone service. Auto attendants, call recording, custom caller ID, voicemail to email, and there is so much more. Plus, you can take calls and work from anywhere.
So how VOIP works ?
Voice over IP uses Internet Protocol, an essential building block of the internet. IP telephony is a massive innovation from the century-old telecommunications system. For phone calls, the conversation is exchanged using small data packets. The internet can send these data packets around the world in less than a second. For internet telephony, these packets travel between your phone and a VoIP provider.
Benefits of VoIP
- Lower cost – Many consumers and businesses alike have realized substantial cost savings and lowered their phone bills by over 60%.
- High-quality sound – There’s a noticeable difference in the call quality, so the audio isn’t muffled or fuzzy.
- Advanced features – Leverage premium features to run your company such as auto attendants, call recording, and call queues. They’re often included with business phone service plans.
- Remote-ready – Use your phone service wherever you work. No technical setup is necessary if you work from home.
- Call anyone worldwide – International long distance rates are as low as $0.04 per minute to call Mexico or $0.01 to reach the United Kingdom.
List of VOIP companies
- Talkdesk - This is a cloud-based contact center platform with voice, digital channel, and workforce engagement management capabilities. Talkdesk’s key features are its customizable user interface, built-in AI automation, and its integration with numerous CRM and helpdesk applications.
- Ring Central - This is a cloud-based business phone system with built-in web-based video conferencing solutions. It includes features such as call analytics, call recording, softphone, fax to email, voicemail to email, and desktop integration.
- MiCloud Connect -This is a business communications solution for contact centers that includes features like IP PBX telephony service, desk phones, softphone, and collaboration tools. It is integrable with other business communication technology, including Microsoft Outlook and CRM software.
- Cisco Jabber - This is a communication platform that is available as a browser-based and mobile app solution. It allows users to collaborate across channels such as instant messaging, voice, VoIP, and video telephony. Features include voice and video calling, call recording, and broadcast messaging.
- Genesys Cloud - This is a Cloud (formerly PureCloud) is a contact center application optimized for automatic call distribution, interactive voice response, email, social media, chat, and text/SMS. It is also a VoIP interconnect service provider.